Monday, November 3, 2014

Encourage Your Heart

wanted to share with you some quotes, Scripture verses and songs that I went back to a lot over the past year. These are some songs that were on repeat. And words I read over and over. I hope they can encourage your heart too...

Bible Verses

- "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lordbe strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14
- "My health my fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." Psalm 73:26
- "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you." Isaiah 43:2
- "The pain you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming." Romans 8:18
- "When I said, "my foot is slipping, "Your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul." Psalm 94:19
- "After your season of suffering, God in all His grace will restore, confirm, strengthen and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10
- "I am a prisoner of hope." Zechariah 9:12
- "But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me." 2 Timothy 4:17
- "Be truly glad... There's a wonderful joy ahead." Peter 1:6
- "The Lord goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:8
- "She does not fear bad news; she confidently trusts the Lord to take care of her." Psalm 112:7
- "The Lord God is my strength, my bravery. He will walk me through places of trouble and suffering." Habakkuk 3:19
- "Blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what had been spoken to her by the Lord." Luke 1:45
- "So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:10
- "But He gives more grace..." James 4:6 
- "By His wounds we are healed." Isaish 53:5 
- "Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!" Psalm 42:11
- "You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good."  Genesis 50:20 
- "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23
- "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished. If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.” Psalm 91 


Quotes

- "There is no pit so deep that God isn't deeper still." Corrie Tenbion
- "If you're going through hell... Keep going." Winston Churchill
- "I walk slowly, but never walk backward." Abraham Lincoln 
- "You may suffer many defeats in this life, but you will not be defeated. You will rise after each trial stronger and wiser." Leon Briwn
- "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up." Babe Ruth 
- "Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise." Vieten Hugo
- "God is most glorified in me when I am most satisfied in him." John Piper 
- "When I cannot read, when I cannot think, when I cannot even pray, I can trust."
- "Courage, dear heart." C.S.Lewis 
- "One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will seem to you as the most beautiful." Sigmund Freud
- "Your greatest ministry will likely come from your deepest pain."  Rick Warren 
- "I don't care how long it takes me, but I'm going somewhere beautiful." 
- "Every time you find some humor in a difficult situation, you win." 
- "And if not He is still good..." 
- "If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success." - Will Smith 
- "When someone is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words." 
- "There are some of Your graces which would never be discovered if it were not for your trials." C.H. Spurgeon 
- "In times of affliction we commonly meet with the sweetest experiences of the love of God." John Bunyan 


Music: 

- "Christ Is Enough" Hillsong
- "Healer" Hillsong
- "How He Loves" Jesus Culture
- "I Am" Crowder 
- "Make A Way" Desperation Band
- "Oceans" Hillsong
- "Oh God" Citizens And Saints
- "The Sun Is Rising" Britt Nicole
- "You Make Me Brave" Bethel Music
- "Cornerstone" Hillsong
- "Lord, I Need You" Matt Maher
- "Not For A Moment" Vertical Church Band 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this list. It will be of great peace, joy, and will be helpful in times of trial.

    ReplyDelete