Thursday, December 11, 2014

Month 15(prt 1): Where I'm At

Well hello there! I haven't written in over a month. Life has been a little crazier for me since getting healthier. I also wondered if anyone wanted to keep reading my blog once I wasn't bedridden anymore... So I guess we will find out ;) 

I'm currently off all antibiotics. Everything I take to kill Lyme Disease is a supplement. Still battling borrelia and babesia. Bartonella is not an issue for me :) and it's going to stay that way! I'm still on ambien for sleeping, hydrocortisone for my adrenals (but I'm slowly coming off), and hormones to get my body to start making some (living in perimenopause at 23 was not ideal). 

Every week I go for lazor therapy and chiropractor. Once a month I go to Dr.N for Lyme treatment and I go to L for NET therapy. I see Dr.L for hormone therapy every other month. And I am currently getting all the mercury out of my teeth. It's split up in 4 parts and I just finished part two yesterday. I do that every 2-3 weeks. 

I have not relapsed in two months. Don't get me wrong, I occasionally have days were getting out of bed is not an option. But those are not often. I have way more good days than bad. I haven't had a "pain free" day yet though. Still at about 80% better. My ribs, chest, knees, feet, and spin still bother me. But those might all just be structural issues and adjustments will help that. Plus I'm moving all the time and my body is not used to that! I also deal with little things like ringing in the ear, floaters, headaches... And that can all be connected to the mercury in my mouth. 

I walked a 5k on Thanksgiving day. It was my first 5k ever! I cried and laughed when I finished. Haven't been so proud of myself ever before! 


I'm doing yoga and pilates and going for walks regularly. I'm driving my car. Haven't gone downtown yet or highways... But I'm getting there :) 

Learning little tricks to help with some of the pain still left. Baths are my best friend, no metal, no potatoes or tomatoes. I've been learning breathing technics to help with anxiety and sleeping. I'm sleeping- I take ambien, but I'm sleeping. I've only had a handful of anxiety attacks in the last couple months. I used to have a few a day. I can usually catch the anxiety before it happens and either leave the place or use my new technics. 

I'm learning to enjoy each day. Relapses are totally normal for Lymies. My doctor has told me to be aware of that. And all my Lymie friends have said the same thing. I don't want to relapse nor do I plan on it- because I believe Jesus healed me. But sometimes I let my brain go there and start to worry that the knee pain will get bad enough I need the wheelchair. Or if the headache will turn into a mirgraine and I'll lose my vision. I'm learning to not let fear of what could happen control me. 

Tanner and I are dealing with medical bills. Looking into getting a lawyer to help us cause our insurance won't pay anything from the ER visits or PICC stuff. We are also looking into moving out of my parent's house because I'm doing so much better. Moving out scares me. I'm worried I won't be ready or I'll relapse or have a bad day... But I need to not allow fear of what could happen and live each day as it comes. 

No, I haven't gotten a job or gone back to school. I'm still learning how to do life again. And each day is so unexpected. Like I said, I still have bad days. And I'm learning how to work through anxiety, pain, and such. Some things still irritate me like talking on the phone, going somewhere new, dealing with a long to do list. I'm not stuck with not being able to do those things, I'm learning how to work through them. Baby steps. 

Please keep praying for complete healing. Please also pray for wisdom for Tanner and myself about moving out and medical bills. I'm ready for this season of life to be completely over with and behind us. 

~ "What if I fall?" Oh, but my darling what if you fly.





No comments:

Post a Comment