Saturday, January 4, 2014

Treatment: What it takes to kill this disease

Thinking about it now, I wish I would have started this blog when I started treatment. That way I could have kept posts about this miserable process. I like to describe it as if I'm sitting in hell; waiting for a breakthrough. So I'll use this one to catch ya'll up and be more descriptive with future treatment explanations. 

Month 1 (end of September - end of October): 
Starting month 1 treatment was scary and extremely difficult because I didn't know what to expect. I changed the supplements I was on, added in antibiotics, started herxing, started a diet, and started detoxing. 
With the encouragement of my mom I went on an extremely strict diet. No sugar (including fruit), pork, soy, gluten, little dairy, tomatoes or corn. And random foods that I learned that made me worse through test/trial. 
I was put on 5 different supplements/herbals. Apo-Hepat: which facilitates the drainage of toxins from my liver. Rentone: helps strengthen my kidneys.  Samento: makes me Herx. This stuff creates a war in my body (yeah, this stuff is hell). Viragaphis: used for treatment of viral infections. And Engysyol: also used for the treatment of viral infections. 
For antibiotics I was put on Nystatin, to kill all the yeast in my body (Lymies are known for yeast issues). And Doxycycline, to kill the bacteria. 
I started detoxing by drinking lemon water and taking Epsom salt baths to pull the toxins out of me. 
All my symptoms from the past 22 years became 10x worse than ever. I could barely get out of bed most days because of extreme fatigue and weakness. 

Month 2(end of October - end of November): 
I continued the diet, detoxing and on supplements and antibiotics. 
For supplements I remained on Apo-Hepat, Rentone, Viragraphis, Samento, and Engystol. I started A-L Complex: basically, this goes down to the bacteria level and fights. And Para-L: this attempts to confuse the disease because once Lyme feels like it's being attacked it retreats into the cells and tissue in my body. 
The only antibiotic I was taking during month 2 was Doxycycline. It started making me feel miserable though. My pain became worse than it had ever been before and I was always nauseous. 

I saw my LLMD between months 2 and 3.  He said I was right on track and we were shaking things up in my body- which is a good thing.  When I told him my symptoms he wasn't surprised at all.  He asked if I wanted to keep hitting it hard or make it a little easier.  I told him I would rather be in a lot of pain for a short amount of time then a little pain for a long time. I want to get to remission as quick as possible! Because I know that the more pain I'm in means the more Lyme Disease is dying off! 


Month 3(end of November - end of December):
I continued detoxing, taking supplements and antibiotics, however, my diet started to not be as strict. Due to one of my antibiotics, most of my food wouldn't stay down and I started withering away in a very short amount of time. Because of this my family and I decided that I should eat anything and everything that will just stay down. 
For supplements I was put on Liposomal Artemisinin: this  kills the babesia (see "And That Means"). And Caprylic Acid: helps kill off yeast. I continued on Apo-Hepat and Samento. 
For antibiotics I took Mepron, Azithromycin and Cefdinir. Mepron is used to kill babesia.  Azithromycin is used to treat infections caused by bacteria.  And Cefdinir is also used to treat bacterial infections.  
The constant pain and nausea continued like the second month of treatment. My neurological symptoms also started getting worse.  

Month 4 (Started about a week and a half ago):

My diet is still not strict because I'm too nauseous, have no appetite, and don't keep much down.  Good news: My body is finally taking to detoxing!  Before I would break out in rashes, have anxiety attacks, and when the toxins would leave my body I would freak out.  Now, I enjoy Epsom salt baths and my body responds well.  
For supplements I'm continuing Apo-Hepat, Samento, and Caprylic Acid.  I started Renelix: facilitates the drainage of toxins from the liver.  Cryptolepis: fights against babesia.  And Sida Acuta: also fights against babesia. 
For antibiotics I'm still on Azithromycin and Cefdinir. 
I'm still in constant pain, extremely fatigued and weak, and my neurological symptoms are extremely bad. One of the changes this month is that my spleen pain/inflammation is getting worse and my heart pain is a lot more constant and debilitating.  

Energy Expelled: Took 3 days to write this. Lots of  sweating. "Random" anxiety attacks due to stress of finding information.  Fingers burning. Took a few days to decide what to write about. My memory is pretty bad so I figured I better get this written down before I forgot.  

- "But as for me, I will never give up on hope..." Psalm 71:14

No comments:

Post a Comment