Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lyme Disease Awareness: What It Feels Like To Have LD

Something we say in the Lyme Disease community is "you don't get it, till you get it." I think that fits any chronic illness or disease. It's a world people don't really understand until they are walking it out. And as much as I sometimes wish people understood, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. 
Explaining what I go through on a daily basis is really hard to do. And explaining some of my symptoms is close to impossible at times. Before I started seeing Dr.N doctors would give me the strangest looks when I tried explaining my symptoms. It's also hard to explain because I tend to look "fine", but how I look is the opposite of how I feel. 
I found some pictures on my Lyme awarness facebook pages that I think give a good idea as to what it's like to have Lyme Disease. These are some of the symptoms Lymies have to deal with... 














May is Lyme Disease awareness month. If you havn't please take some time and watch "Under Our Skin" on YouTube and check out ilads.org. Lyme Disease is a despicable disease that could affect you or someone you love-leaving you or them misdiagnosed or undiagnosed. Please educate yourself!  







No comments:

Post a Comment