Friday, May 9, 2014

Month 8:Good Start

Well I saw Dr. N yesterday.  And I left feeling so hopeful and uplifted. I really struggle with thinking I won't respond to treatment, I'll always be sick, this is a waste of time, this is my forever, blah blah blah. But, yesterday, I left crying happy tears cause I felt encouraged and like there is still hope for me yet! 

He said I seem better to him. He said he didn't want to negate all the pain I'm in, but I was more alert and was talking better. This was so great to hear! After dealing with this for so long I think I have a hard time seeing the positive changes. And my family has been so wrapped up in the middle of it- that it's  hard to see improvements when you're in it day in and day out. 

We were also going back and forth about retesting me for Lyme Disease. I did a blood test at the beginning of all of this, but because of all of the antibodies built up, it was "grey" results. We decided to pay the $200 to test me again. For the sake of my insurance company and him treating me. At one point he said,"this isn't about me, it's all about you." He's so great! Really cares about me. He also said if need be he'll call the blood work place to speed up the process. He said he's not afraid to yell at someone and that it's way to difficult to get me what I need. That's a caring doctor for you! 

He's keeping me on the PICC line another month and put me on some other suppliments and antibiotics. The coinfection, bartonella, is showing up, so I'm on stuff to knock that out. He was pretty happy I was showing a lot of Bart symptoms cause that meant it was at a place to be killed (or something like that. This medical stuff really confuses me). 

He also said I'm responding to treatment! Ah!!! This is the best thing anyone has ever said to me (sorry, Tanner. "I do" comes pretty close ;). 7 complete months into treatment and I'm finally responding. I mean, I don't feel much better to be honest, but little things count, folks. Responding doesn't necessarily mean I'm feeling better or will be in remission tomorrow, but it means I'm not reabsorbing the toxins back in- I'm moving forward! 

Thanks for praying :) I needed to hear those words "I see improvement" yesterday by my doctor. I've still got a crazy journey ahead of me, but I feel like I'm actually moving along now, not just stuck. I see him in a month. We will see what happens in 4 weeks. HOPEFULLY, just more improvement and steps towards remission. 

I already had hicup with pharmacy stuff. Hopefully that's it for the month. No EMT, no ER, no bad reaction to medicine. Just a smooth sailing and positive month. 

Quite a few of you texted me and messaged me on Facebook the past couple days. Sorry I havn't gotten back to you yet. I've been pretty exhausted the past couple days. I'll get back to you soon :) 

Energy Expelled: I'm SO irritated right now! I think I may need to lock myself in my room before/if it turns to Lyme rage. Stupid toxins in my brain. Like usual my hands, wrists, eyes, head, and neck hurt. This took like 2 hours to type. I hope it's understandable to you all. 


~ "Your grace is enough for me." 





No comments:

Post a Comment