Thursday, May 22, 2014

Month 8(prt2): An Adventure

As Tanner once said, "It can never just be easy for us." My family and I joke about how I'm an "overachiever" in the medical world. I can't just get a normal sickness- one that's common, recognizable, and easily treated. I have to get things that are abnormal, have controversy and just make life downright miserable. 

When I saw Dr.N, 2 weeks ago, and was explaining to him my symptoms, he mentioned how I may have a gut infection. He told me to call him in a week if nothing clears up and we'll go from there. Last Friday I called him and he told me to get tested. Saturday morning he told me to get off all oral and IV antibiotics. And Monday he sent in a prescription, to kill the gut infection, for me to start. He told me to stay off all oral and IV antibiotics (except for the ones to kill the gut infection) untill I see him the first week of June. PICC line stays in and at my next appt. he'll decide what we'll do about Lyme treatment. Basically if we keep doing the IV or not. 

So I'm not doing Lyme Disease treatment for the next two weeks and am focusing on the gut issue. Super fun ;) I'm flushing my line everyday still. 

Dr.N did tell me that this infection could be the reason to why my Lyme just won't freaking die! It also could be why I'm always on yeast stuff. If that's the case that's so exciting! We won't know till I see him next, but here's to hoping!!! 

No, being off LD antibiotics is not like a vacation. I wish! Not only am I still on suppliments (which are just as mean as abx), I feel like death. Pretty sure my Lyme is flairing up. My legs hurt SO BAD! It's this burning, on fire, deep, "growing pain". And my head keeps getting this needle shooting pain. My lower back is in constant pain and at times unbearable. My feet hurt to walk on. My chest is tight. I feel flu like. My joints are stiff. My spleen hurts terribly. I'm exhausted! My finger tips are doing weird things. Let's go with PAIN! Lots of it. 

But... If taking this "break" to focus on my gut could help the Lyme- I'm all in! 

My nurse came over Tue and could tell I wasn't doing too hot. Which is not as exciting as last week when she said she could tell there has been improvement. You should have seen her face when I told her about my infection! We ended up just laughing. Cause, let's be real, who has a medical file like mine at 23 years of age?! She said if she didn't know me and just read my file she would say I was a hypochondriac, but really I was just handed a bad deck of cards. But we laughed. What else can you do? 

I can't wait to see what God's gonna do with all this. You can't have a medical file like mine and it be wasted. 

She also told me I am one of her favorite patients and have the most interesting stories. And that there is never a dull moment with me. All her other patients are old and have had a lifetime of stories to tell. So I'm not sure if that was a compliment or not... 

My PICC line has been looking wet and had these yellow pieces around it. It's also been itchy and sore. I was sharing this with her and what Google said about it. She told me to stop going on the internet and just watch mindless TV. Haha! 

Right before Dr.N and I hung up on Mon he told me to hang in there. I'm trying! 

Energy Expelled: 4 hours to write. My head is not happy. Hands are hurting and cramping up. Time for my heating pad on my back and ice pack on my spleen. Thank God for those! 


~ It's always darkest right before the dawn 




No comments:

Post a Comment