Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Month 10(prt1): Long Story Short

It's been a while since I've posted an update- did you miss me? ;) I've been so sick and tired and dealing with Lyme Disease drama that I haven't been able to post anything. 

I weekly have to get my blood drawn to make sure the vancomycin is in me and doing it's job. My first blood test came back looking like I had never even done the infusion before. The pharmacist said my body is detoxing it out so fast that it's not staying in me at all. Which can be a good thing that my body likes to quickly remove foreign things, but not so much in this case. So I was moved up from twice a day to three times (2 hours each time) a day of vancomycin. Lyme killin baby! 

The past two weeks have been a nightmare. Problems: My PICC area was bleeding and was leaking like crazy. The first time getting my blood drawn for vancomycin was done incorrectly and I had to do it again that same week. Solutions: Labcorp called and said they lost my blood. It took like 4 days to figure out the blood drawing issue. And I have to lay completely flat while infusing with my arm elevated. Plus I had to stop the Myers cocktail cause my veins were having issues with how thick it was. 

During the headache of all that I was in a panic attack mode. And due to that I got very ill. Even after I got all of it figured out my body was still so sick from all the stress. 

About a week and a half ago I started having vertigo. It was terrible! For four days I couldn't lift my head or really even move without thinking I was gonna die. 

Last week I saw my dr and he said my adrenals were shot. Which explained the vertigo, head pressure, motion type sickness, racing heart nonsense. I'm currently on things to help my adrenals, kill babesia, detox liver and kidneys, and kill bartonella. He did say I'm herxing. Which is good. Just sucks! I was given permission to skip doses if the herx is too much. I told him I can just push through and he said no, pushing through a strong herx does not make healing come faster. He said, "getting into remission is not a sprint, it's a marathon." 

Once I started the new stuff I've started feeling a bit better. I'm back to my "regular" symptoms of pain. Pain in my head, chest,heart,spleen,lower back,legs and feet. Honestly though, I would rather pain than that vertigo nonsense! 

I've been learning how important it is for me to stay stressed free. With the PICC issues, blood draw confusion, and increasing the vanco dosage- I was so sick! I'm so glad that that's all sorted out and I'm back on the track of healing! Just need to breathe and keep fighting through. 


Energy Expelled: Well, obviously it took me a month to find motivation to write this. Took me four hours to type out. My hands are done and my back is getting pissed. Gonna drink tons of water and take a nap. But first infuse, then a nap. 


~ Those that have walked with me through the darkest night will get to dance with me at the break of dawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment